Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Season of Style Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die Christmas Tree with Tutorial

Do you need a unique but simple Christmas Gift?

Well here is a Christmas Tree I have made for one of my boys teacher gift.



Here are the simple instructions to create the cute tree

I have cut the following pieces from the Seasons of Style Designer Series Paper :
3 strips of 3″ x 12″, 3 strips of 2 3/4″ x 12″, 2 strips of 2 1/2″ x 12″, 2 strips of 2 1/4″ x 12″, 2 strips of 2″ x 12″, 2 strips of 1 3/4″ x 12″, 2 strips of 1 1/2″ x 12″, 2 strips of 1 1/4″ x 12″, 2 strips of 1″ x 12″, 1 strip of 3/4″ x 12″
I have then cut  strip 2 at a time in the Big Shot with the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die
Next fold all the strips mountain valley (concertina) and connect the matching strips together to form a circle.
Now you will need hot glue gun or very strong glue. While this is heating up I punched 19 circles for the top and bottom of the rosettes. (The top rosette only needs on circle on the bottom)
I have used the Silicone Craft Mat to protect my work surface from the hot glue. 
Place one of circles down add a generous glob of hot glue to the middle of the circle and form your rosette and hold until the glue is cooled a little then add your next circle to the top. Repeat this for all your circles.
To assemble the tree I have used Stampin Dimensionals between each layer.
To finish the tree I have added a tree topper using Silver Glimmer Paper and a spray of Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz
I will be wrapping the tree in clear cellophane and tie a pretty piece of ribbon abound the top
I hope these are helpful instructions. 
Thanks for stopping by
Ellen

5 comments:

  1. This is very nice Ellen. It would make a lovely table centre. How high is it with the star? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Kay. I did not measure it before it was given as a gft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have wanted to make one of these for so long but didn't know where to begin. Thanks to you now I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really like to make a tree. Where do I find the paper to make it and is it all ready pre scored? Thanks in advanced Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sell the paper no this one as it was many many years ago and as mentioned above I used a die to score but you out easily score it yourself on our score board or trimmer

      Delete