Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hey, Chick, Playful Backgrounds with Watercolor Pencils Card

I was challenged by a dear friend of mine and fellow demonstrator Rosalie Desmond to, in her words " use the ugly chicken set" aka Hey, Chick from our 2017 Sale-A-Bration Brochure. So I took it on and had a little look at Pinterest and was inspired by a Card from Michelle Last. I stamped the Chicken onto Watercolour Paper with Archival Basic Black Ink and coloured it using our Watercolor Pencils by scribbling them on the image with and blending them out and together with Aqua Painter. The colours I have used are pictured below. I created the soft ground and sky background by scribbling into a scrap piece of paper and picked up a light wash of colour from the scrap paper - also pictured below. I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits in the Big Shot to cut and frame the image and Bermuda Bay mat.

The background stamp is from Playful Backgrounds set, it reminds me of feathers and food left on the ground which I have stamped in Veramark ink on Crumb Cake card stock. I added some Linen Tread tied in a bow as a final touch.

Watercolour Pencils and scrap piece of Watercolor Paper I scribbled on to create a softer colour wash.

Don't forget to FOLLOW my Blog by email to keep up to date <-------

To order any of the products used on this project and more, simply go to my SHOP NOW button above to go to my Online store or contact me to place an order. Don't forget your FREE Sale-a-Bration items for every $90 SPENT

I can also show you how to make these projects at a party with you and your friends. Just contact me to organise a time to enjoy the amazing benefits during Sale-A-Bration our hostesses can earn and spend on anything in our catalogues including our NEW Occasions Catalogue.

Thanks for stopping By
Ellen

4 comments: